The Website is not recommended for use by children. If you are under 13-years-old please ensure you have the permission and supervision of your parent or legal guardian before using the Website.
Content means all content that is accessible to you and other users on the Website, but excludes any content that is accessible from websites that do not belong to the Big Lottery Fund such as hyperlinks from the Website.
Contributions means content that is contributed by you and other users to the Big Lottery Fund via the Website, including any text, images, audio, data, videos, animations, blog postings, and profiles. The Big Lottery Fund may in its absolute discretion make such content generally accessible via the Website.
2. Your use of the Website
- register as a user of the Website;
- submit Contributions to the Big Lottery Fund; and
- view, retrieve and display Contributions (and other Content).
2.3 You agree the Big Lottery Fund may without warning at any time, for any reason, in its absolute discretion, and without liability to you:
- reject your application to be a registered user of the Website; and/or
- remove you as a user of the Website; and/or
- prevent you from accessing any part of the Website, and/or
- delete you as a user and your user account.
3.1 You must register as a user of the Website to:
- submit your Contributions, including videos, documents and other content;
- use the Website facilities provided to the online community; and
- communicate with other users in the online community.
3.2 The Big Lottery Fund has absolute discretion on whether to accept or reject your application to register as a user of the Website.
3.3 When you register as a user of the Website you will select a username and password to access your user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Your username must not be offensive or contain profanities. The Big Lottery Fund can use its discretion to determine whether a user name is appropriate.
3.4 You are responsible at all times for your user account and for any actions that take place using your account. The information that you provide when you set up your account must be true and accurate. If the Big Lottery Fund suspects that the information provided is incorrect, misleading, or not true then the Big Lottery Fund may suspend or terminate your account.
3.5 You must immediately inform the Big Lottery Fund of any unauthorized use of your password, your user account or any other breach of security in connection with the Website. You should ensure that you log-out of your account each time you finish using the Website.
4. Submitting Contributions
4.1 The Website is an online community where people with an interest in community enterprise can discuss and share ideas. To facilitate this purpose, the Big Lottery Fund may permit you to submit Contributions which you (and not the Big Lottery Fund) are responsible and liable for.
4.2 To ensure that all Content is appropriate for all audiences, all Contributions will be moderated by the Big Lottery Fund and/or its appointed moderator.
4.3 You acknowledge that the Big Lottery Fund:
- retains the absolute discretion to determine whether Contributions should be made accessible via the Website (and without limitation, the Big Lottery Fund is under no obligation to make your Contributions accessible and need not give reasons for its decision that a Contribution will not be made accessible); and
- may at any time, in its absolute discretion, and without liability to you:
- edit any Contribution and make that edited version accessible on the Website; and
- remove, alter or disable access to any Contribution or the Website generally or parts of the Website (whether temporarily or permanently) without prior notice to you.
4.5 The Big Lottery Fund is not responsible for saving or backing-up your Contributions. If the information that you are contributing is important to you, then you are responsible for creating a back-up copy outside of the Website.
4.6 You may only include URLs (web site addresses) in your Contributions if relevant and approved by the Big Lottery Fund or its moderator.
5. Intellectual property rights – Contributions
5.1 You acknowledge that your Contributions may contain:
- content that you have created yourself (Original Material); and/or
- content that you have sourced from third parties (Third Party Material).
5.2 To the extent that your Contributions contain:
- Original Material – you retain all intellectual property rights in that Original Material; and
- Third Party Material – you must ensure that you have the lawful right (including all necessary licences) to grant the Big Lottery Fund the licence granted under paragraph 5.5 below in respect of that Third Party Material.
5.3 If you are unsure whether your use of particular Third Party Material (including, for example, music or video footage) requires you to obtain a licence, you must not use that material in your Contributions.
5.4 If requested by the Big Lottery Fund, you must provide the Big Lottery Fund with written evidence that you have obtained all necessary licences in respect of any Third Party Material contained in any Contribution.
5.5 You grant the Big Lottery Fund a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, download, print, communicate to the public, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, display and perform your Contributions throughout the world in any media, whether currently in existence or not. You acknowledge that the Big Lottery Fund may use your Contribution to help it develop policies and/or funding programmes, or for any other business purpose.
5.6 If your Original Material is a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or a film that you have directed, you have the right to be identified as the author of that work or director of that film (Moral Rights). If you contribute your Original Material you voluntarily, unconditionally and irrevocably consent to the Big Lottery Fund not identifying you as the author of that work or director of that film and agree that the Big Lottery Fund is in no way liable if it does any act, or omits to do any act, which infringes your Moral Rights in the Contribution.
6. Intellectual property rights – Content and Branding
6.1 You acknowledge that:
- all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the Content (other than in your Contributions); and
- the names, images and logos identifying the Village SOS programme and Big Lottery Fund (Branding), are either owned by the Big Lottery Fund, or are licensed to the Big Lottery Fund by third parties.
6.3 You may not use, reproduce or otherwise make available to any other party the Content and Branding without the prior written authorisation from the Big Lottery Fund, which you may request by following the instructions in paragraph 7 below.
7. Request to use Content or Branding
7.1 In accordance with paragraph 6 above, requests to use Content or Branding must be submitted in writing to:New Media team
Big Lottery Fund
1 Plough Place
7.2 Your request should include details of your intended use of the Content or Branding, and your contact details (name, address, telephone number and email).
8. Linking and frames
8.1 You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages, files or resources hosted on this Website.
8.2 You must not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on another website. The Website pages must load into the user’s entire window.
8.3 The Website only links to our grant recipients, partners and websites which provide useful information which supplements the Big Lottery Fund’s own information services. Any links or frames which connect the Website to other websites are provided by the Big Lottery Fund for convenience only, and by accessing those linked sites you agree to any terms of access or use imposed by those linked websites. The Big Lottery Fund:
- is not responsible for the contents, information, accuracy, opinions or links from the linked websites; and
- does not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of the material on the linked websites.
9. Prohibited use of this Website
9.1 You must not, at any time:
- publish, communicate or adapt any of the information or Content accessible on the Website (other than your Contributions);
- make copies in any form of all or parts of the Content (other than your Contributions) other than as reasonably required for your personal non-commercial use;
- directly or indirectly post Contributions or material on the Website that could cause harm to another’s computer including any virus, worm, Trojan or other malicious code or item of a destructive nature;
- submit any Contribution that:
- is unlawful or encourages unlawful conduct;
- may be deemed offensive, obscene, abusive, libellous, defamatory, or inappropriate for children; or
- is inappropriate having regard to the purpose and objectives of the Website;
- register multiple user profiles;
- submit Contributions that may have a detrimental effect on the reputation of the National Lottery, the Big Lottery Fund (including as a distributor of public money or as a Government sponsored body) or the Website;
- adapt, translate, reverse engineer, dissemble or decompile the Website or any part of the Website;
- reformat or frame any part of the web pages that form part of the Website;
- use the Website to advertise or promote any commercial services, or disseminate spam;
- use the Website to transfer or store unlawful material (including, without limitation, material that is threatening or obscene);
- publish any person’s personal details without their consent.
9.2 The Big Lottery Fund can decide, at its discretion to remove any prohibited content and may also suspend or revoke user accounts.
10. Reporting issues or making complaints
10.1 You may report any comments or complaints about this Website to the Big Lottery Fund’s customer services team on 020 7211 3700 or email, including:
- any content that you find inappropriate or believe is incorrect; or
- any material which you believe infringes your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of another party.
10.2 If you experience any difficulties with the Website please call the Big Lottery Fund advice line on 0845 4 10 20 30 or email the Big Lottery Fund New media team.
11.1 To the extent permitted by law, the Big Lottery Fund will not be liable (including in negligence) for:
- any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of use of data, or any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, incurred by or awarded against you or any other person arising directly or indirectly from your access to or use of the Website (or any linked website); or
- any cost, loss, liability or expense arising from death, personal injury or damage to property (including damage to your software, hardware or data) resulting directly or indirectly from you access to or use of the Website (or any linked website).
11.2 You indemnify and hold the Big Lottery Fund, its employees, officers and agents harmless from and against any claims, liability, expenses, losses, damages and costs (including legal costs and expenses) (Loss) incurred by any of those indemnified where such Loss was caused directly or indirectly by:
- your access to or use of the Website; or
- any Contributions made by you (or on your behalf) to the Website (including, without limitation, Loss caused by a claim that your Contribution infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person).
12.1 You acknowledge that you use the Website entirely at your own risk.
12.2 The Big Lottery Fund is not responsible for any Contributions or content that originates from external sources. We do not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source or any other aspect of such content.
12.3 All Content is provided on an “as is” basis only. The Big Lottery Fund does not provide any warranty that the Website or any Content will meet any of your needs or requirements or that it will be complete, error free, accurate or that it will be delivered without interruption, fault or error.
Big Lottery Fund
1 Plough Place
15. Personal information
15.1 All data gathered in connection with this Website will be held securely by the Big Lottery Fund, or an organisation on behalf of the Big Lottery Fund, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be shared with any other third party unless required to do so by law or to operate this Website.
15.2 We may use your personal data to contact you about the Website. Please email if you do not wish to be contacted.
16. Governing law