Funding and Grants
Applications for Village SOS funding are no longer being accepted. However, there are many ways of finance your community business – the important thing is to find a blend of funding that works best for you. It may take some time for a community business to be self-sustaining but don't let this deter you.
Here are some key organisations you may want to take a look at:
- Funding Central is a free website, supported by the government, which provides access to thousands of funding and finance opportunities.
- Awards For All is a Lottery grants scheme funding small, local community-based projects in the UK.
- Reaching Communities (England) is about reaching to the heart of England's communities and helping those most in need.
- The Heritage Lottery Fund uses money raised through the National Lottery to give grants to sustain and transform our heritage.
- Some local councils will provide opportunities to apply for grants and/or other types of funding.
- The Forestry Commission of Great Britain is the government department responsible for the protection and expansion of Britain's forests and woodlands.
- The Social Investment Business
- Business Link’s guide to financing you enterprise.
- Startup’s guide to the financing options for social enterprise.