Do you have a great idea for a community business but you’re unsure how to bring it to life?
This section will guide you through the crucial first steps, including:
- consulting with your community
- how to communicate to win support
- setting up a steering group
- recruiting and retaining volunteers
- why you should use local skills.
Before you start on your own journey, hear from some of the 10 Village SOS project leaders – and several stars from the BBC One series – talk about their experiences, how they overcame challenges, and how they got involved and made a difference to the community: