Village SOS Roadshow - The Rheged Centre, Penrith
Village SOS Live in the North West
Tuesday 12 June 2012, 9:45am to 3:30pm
The Rheged Centre, Penrith
Village SOS is hosting a series of free events to bring the benefits of community enterprise directly to you.
Come along and be inspired by the people behind community enterprises like shops and pubs, broadband projects and transport schemes as they share their real-life experiences.
At this FREE event, you’ll have the unique opportunity to hear expert hands-on advice from rural and enterprise specialists including Plunkett Foundation and its partners Co-operatives UK, Locality, and Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE).
- Helen Bullough - Big Lottery Fund
- Peter Couchman - Plunkett Foundation
- David Graham - Lyvennet Community Trust
- Neil Berry - Locality
- Jeff Scales - Locality
- Julia Wilson - Action with Communities in Cumbria (ACT)
- Linda Barlow - Co-operatives UK
- TBC - The Key Fund
Big Lottery Fund
Action with Communities in Cumbria (ACT)
The Key Fund
Cumbria Rural Housing Trust
Northern Community Power/Du Service Design/Mutual Inspiration
You should attend:
- If you have an idea for a project to help your community but don’t know how to start
- If you already have a community-owned project and are looking for advice and support
- If you are from an organisation that supports rural communities or community-owned projects and want to know more.
The nationwide Village SOS roadshow will visit every English region, Wales and Scotland. Registration opens from 9:45am – 10:15am. The day will conclude at 3:30pm